Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cousins

(I've asked Keith to post about our camping trip, so you'll have to wait to hear about that adventure until he has some free time. Sorry!)

Kyle & Jessica stayed with us from Sunday night until Wednesday afternoon. They caught the tail-end of the Avenue at Tysens on Sunday evening.







(That's Hayden Kerns, who was born 3 days before Alex. She has hair. Poor Alex!)


Keith took them bowling at the new lanes in Wheatfield on Monday night. The bumpers are programmed to go up/down to meet each player's needs. Cool! They seemed to have an excellent time, and Keith said it was pretty clean/smoke-free in there. He has pictures on his cell phone. I don't think it's worth 25 per pic to get them off of the phone, so you'll just have to imagine the bowling alley.


We spent a lot of time playing with the VanDeel kids. They were here all day on Monday, playing softball & kickball, having a picnic in the backyard, playing Keith's drums, playing sidewalk chalk games on the driveway, and the list goes on...




On Tuesday, I went to Bible study & the kids played water games at church. We came home for a few hours, and then Dan VanDeel was sweet and took the whole bunch of kids to swim at Deb Wood's house. All I'll say about that is...never send them with chocolate as a snack on a 90 degree day. What was I thinking?!

Keith & I took the kids to KFC for dinner - Kyle's favorite! Kyle's a big eater...that $3.99 kids buffet doesn't factor in the kids who eat like garbage disposals! :) Kyle made a deal with Keith that if he ate 20 pieces of chicken, Keith would give him $5. I think he made it to 9, but still...I was stuffed after 3. Where does that kid put that food? LOL!

We came home & watched Spiderwick Chronicles. The kids own the movie, but this was our first time seeing it. I think both Keith & I dozed on and off through the movie. (Thanks, Alex...) What I saw was intriguing, though. Interesting concept.

On Wednesday morning, we did a photo shoot at home since our plans to go to Picture People didn't work out. More or less, I let the kids pick the poses & just have fun. We had lots of giggles here, especially when our "photo studio" came crashing down on their heads. Here are the results:




1 comment:

Temeculamom said...

Cute, cute photos, Dawn! I love the feet picture best. You are the best aunt ever! I wish my kids had an aunt like you.