Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tiny Talk

October2010 138 

My goofy little boy, who has recently started putting his hands out to his sides while spinning around and around in the living room…

“Hey mom, when I spin and spin and spin, the living room spins too!”

----

Heading to Walgreens today…

Alex:  Mom, what road are we on?

Mom: Halleck Street

Alex:  ALEX Street?! 

Mom:  No, sweetie, Huh-huh-Halleck Street

Alex:  Ha-ha-Alex Street!

(I gave up.)

--------

Pulling out of Walgreens parking lot today…

Alex: Mom, where are we going?

Me:  We’re going home to eat lunch.

Alex: Mom?  McDonalds is the other way…

Me:  We’re not going to McDonalds, Alex. 

Alex: Well…I like Subway, too!

Me:  Alex, we’re going to eat lunch at home.

Alex, with a grumpy voice:  I don’t LIKE eating GROCERIES!

-------

Last week, at lunch, when I set a plate of macaroni & cheese in front of Alex…

I don’t want macaroni, Mom.  I’d rather have shrimp.

 

October2010 093

3 comments:

Susie said...

OH my goodness! He is the funniest little boy! I must agree with Alex...I don't like "making" the groceries to eat all the time either! And I'd order shrimp any day of the week too! So glad I checked in on your blog before heading to bed...made me smile and laugh good way to end the night!

Kat said...

Thanks for the giggles Alex! =)

Emma Hamstra said...

I love him. Period.