Sunday, August 28, 2011

Branson, part 4

DSC_0043Before we left, I was looking online for ideas of what we could do in Branson.  I saw zipline adventures, and it really stood out to me.

Since getting pregnant with Alex, I really haven’t had a chance to anything adventurous.  I’ve been in “Mommy Mode” for far too long!  Even just thinking about a zipline made me nervous, but it also sounded like a LOT of fun.  So, I told Keith that I really wanted to make this happen…and he agreed.

Kevin & Leanne had also been thinking about doing this with their family, so we all went together.  I’m SO thankful for wonderful grandparents who kept all three of our little ones for us, giving us the chance to do this.

It was SO MUCH FUN!

Your first jump is a practice jump that is barely off the ground.  It’s just a chance to get a feel for how it all works, and even that made me a bit nervous.  (You know, because it would hurt so much to fall 10 inches to the ground, ha!)  I’m glad they do that, though, as I doubt I could have braved the next line without having tried and trusted the equipment.

The next practice jump is up a tall, spiral staircase.  You stand on a wooden platform, get hooked up to the line, and JUMP.  I wasn’t about to chicken out, but it took a whole lot of courage to jump for the first time.  I think the thrill of flying through the air like that convinced me that I could do it again.

By the end, jumping was no big deal…and it was FUN!  The rope bridges?  Not my favorite part.  But the flying through the air was amazing.  I can’t wait for an opportunity to do this again!

  DSC_0005 DSC_0017 DSC_0025 DSC_0029 DSC_0032 DSC_0038

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that looks like so much fun!!

Susie said...

Great pictures! I see where your kids get their monkey skills from, their dad looks like one on that zip line! ha ha.. We ziplined in Texas, a few years ago, such a blast! We would do it again in a heart beat!