Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Kindness of Strangers

Do you know how amazing you are?  Readers, you are very thoughtful & generous ladies (and maybe a few men?)! 

This blog was never intended to be anything more than a scrapbook for our family’s memories.  It’s grown into more than that, and it amazes me to see how many of you – people I’ve never met in person – have prayed for and donated to a little boy’s family.  This is a family you’ve never met, and you probably never will meet them.  Yet you GAVE, and some of you gave quite generously. 

So far, you’ve sent about $90 for Canaan’s family. 

THANK YOU.

If it means this much to me, you can only imagine what it will mean to John and Julie.  Thank you for making a difference, for making things just a bit easier as they go through this awful time.

Yesterday was a very sad day, as Canaan’s family and friends said goodbye.  I thought some of you might like to see this obituary & video from the funeral home:

http://www.jacksonfuneral.com

Under recent visitations, click on Canaan’s name.  Under his photo, there are several links.  The bottom one says, “View Tribute Video'”.  I sat to watch this early this morning, tears streaming down my face.  His life was very short, but what an amazing blessing this little boy has been.

THANK YOU for praying, for giving, for loving this little boys and his family – even though you’ve never met him.

P.S. I received a donation from Susan W. with a juno.com e-mail address.  When I tried to send you the Wildlife tot pack link, the e-mail bounced back to me.  If you’d like me to send you the link, please let me know your correct e-mail address.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thank you all for your love and kindness for our friends!