Thursday, June 13, 2013

MFW K–Ff Fox

{CLICK HERE} to view the rest of our MFW K unit posts.
{CLICK HERE} to view our post explaining WHY we chose MFW K for our family.

Alex is 5 years, 5 months
Max is 3 years, 9 months

We are using My Father’s World Kindergarten as our base,
adding in some of my own printables.

prekindergarten 
This week, we are learning the letter Ff for Fox.
Our Bible words are: God’s Word makes me wiser than my enemies.

This post is more than a little lacking in content.  I am WAAAY behind on posting this, as we actually finished this unit at the end of May!  I’d started the post, but couldn’t find some pictures…and I still can’t, so this is a rather barebones post.  Sorry about that!


books

We loved all 5 of these book choices!  Rosie’s Walk was short, but cute.  It made Alex giggle!  Fox is just a sweet little story about a baby fox growing up.  The other three are fun stories about tricky foxes, who sometimes win and sometimes get outsmarted.

bible

We learned about the armor of God.
(short version…I try never to give away too much about the Bible in this curriculum, so you’ll invest in the manual rather than copying from here!)

phonics

He is so fast at reading CVC (consonant-vowel-consonant) words now!  He is getting to the point where he is trying to read signs on buildings, words in magazines, etc.  I love this point! Smile

IMG_8769IMG_8770

IMG_8744IMG_8745

handwriting

Xs are fun to make! Smile

IMG_8766

IMG_8746

When Alex really applies himself, his numbers turn out great. 
It’s still wobbly, but he’s getting better all the time. 

IMG_8767IMG_8768

 math

I really thought this might be tricky for Alex, but he caught on quickly.  You had to go through the chart, recording how many eyes one one fox, how many eyes on two foxes, etc.  Then you would do the same for ears, legs, etc.  He did a great job, and he really didn’t need my help once he understood.

IMG_8790IMG_8791

science

This sorting page involved determining whether animals live in the air, on the land, or in the sea.  I drew the background, and Alex sorted (and colored some of…) the pictures.

IMG_8792

snacks 

After several reading of The Gingerbread Boy (different versions), we made our own gingerbread boys and girls.  Thankfully, ours did NOT run away when we opened the oven! Open-mouthed smile

IMG_8782

IMG_8772IMG_8781

tot school 
(Max is 3 yrs, 9 mths)

Here are the younger two kiddos & their gingerbread cookies:
IMG_8771 IMG_8775IMG_8779IMG_8780IMG_8783IMG_8784

We also did some Gingerbread Baby printables from Homeschool Creations website, but I can’t seem to find pictures of any of this!  They’re not on my computer or my camera.

No comments: